Home > Credit History: Tips to Keep Your Credit Score Strong
SME Toolkit www.smetoolkit.org
Credit History: Tips to Keep Your Credit Score Strong
Provided by Visa, Content Partner for the SME Toolkit
- Complete credit applications carefully and accurately.
- Use your credit cards responsibly and don’t let them reach their limit or spend beyond your means.
- Attempt to pay your credit card balance in full each month, but at least make the minimum payment by the due date.
- Always pay bills on time.
- If you have problems paying your bills, contact your creditors. In many cases, they will work with you to figure out a payment plan.
- If you move, let your creditors know your new address as soon as possible to avoid losing bills or receiving them late.
- If your credit card is lost or stolen, report it immediately.
- Review your credit reports periodically for accuracy and report any errors immediately.
- Establish a consistent work history.
- It’s a good idea to check your credit report at least once a year to see what it says about you.
Copyright ©2016 Visa Inc. All Rights Reserved.