Singapore - Selling and buying
Reaching the consumers
After sales service is very important for the consumer in Singapore.
Singaporeans like new products, but they stay loyal to the brand names that they know.
Pricing has to be very competitive as bargaining is an acceptable shopping trait.
Market access procedures
It is a member of the ASEM (reunión Asia-Europe) (inglés).
It is a member of the SEAT (Six East Asian Traders)
Singapore is a signatory to multilateral and bilateral agreements with many countries. Visit: IESinggapore.
For details, visit: Import Procedure
Organizing goods transport
The Port of Singapore , with 6 free-trade zones, is ranked second in the world in terms of container traffic. It is operated by Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore. It is also the world's busiest hub for transshipment traffic.
The airport of Singapore (international Changi airport) is considered as one of the best in the world. It is composed of two air terminals connected by monorail.
The road network consists of 8 highways. The objective of the Land Transport Authority (LTA), (under the Ministry of Communication and Information technology), is to promote ground transport for a better use of the city by developing public transport. The construction of 9 expressways and two highways (partially subterranean) of a total length of 155 km is in progress in the Eastern part of the island.
Domestic business directories
- Singapore Manufacturers Federation (SMa)
- Singapore Food Manufacturers Association (SFMA)
- The Association of Electronic Industries in Singapore (AEIS)
- Singapore Association of Pharmaceutical Industries (SAPI)
- Singapore Precision Engineering & Tooling Association (SPETA)
- Singapore Industrial Automation Association
- Singapore Contractors Association Ltd. (SCAL)
- Singapore Plastic Industry Association (SPIA)