When You Might Need A Personnel Manager
Most small businesses cannot afford a full-time specialist to deal with human resource issues. However, as a business grows, its structure becomes more complex and personnel problems increase in number and potential cost.
Below are some conditions that indicate the necessity of a personnel manager:
- The firm has more than 100 employees
- Employees are represented by a union
- Turnover is very high (and costly)
- The need for skilled or semiskilled labor creates problems in recruitment or selection
- Employee morale is low
- Competition for good personnel is especially keen in the market area.